- [DeepSec 2015]50 Shades of WAF
- [DeepSec 2015] File Format Fuzzing in Android – Giving a Stagefright to the Android Installer
- [DeepSec 2015]How to Break XML Encryption – Automatically
- [DeepSec 2015] Hacking Cookies in Modern Web Applications and Browsers
- [DeepSec 2015] Can societies manage the SIGINT monster?
- [LHS Microcast] DeepSec 2015
- [LHS Microcast] Interview w/ Jen Ellis
- Taking out the Eurotrash
- All good things must come to an end
- [DeepSec 2014] Advanced Powershell Threat: Lethal Client Side Attacks using Powershell
- Don't forget to tune in to episode 2 of Might & Mercy #13thage #TTRPG youtu.be/2QUVlHQQ1x0 Would love to hear your feedback. 1 week ago
- That thing we did, yeah episode 1 is out now. Watch "Might & Mercy - S1E1 - When Trouble finds you…" on YouTube… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- RT @FIRSTdotOrg: It's #FIRSTFriday and there's a new #FIRSTImpressions episode to stream! This interview features #DNSAbuse #SIG co-chair,… 2 weeks ago
- Some music to see you through the dark times… c22 Sessions 2023 Vol.1 mixcloud.com/C22DnB/c22-ses… #DnB #djmixes 3 weeks ago
- #Soon Get ready to watch "Might & Mercy - D&D Campaign - Trailer" on YouTube youtu.be/TqNyc055fyU 2 months ago
- RT @ConSelfOwns: https://t.co/jV4qUr4NdX 3 months ago
The contents of this personal blog are solely my own opinions and comments, as such they do not reflect the opinions of my employer(s) past, present or future. No legal liability is accepted for anything you do, think, or consider fact as the basis of articles and links posted on this blog.
"Three to one...two...one...probability factor of one to one...we have normality, I repeat we have normality. Anything you still can’t cope with is therefore your own problem."
Note: A large portion of content I post on my blog comes from "live blogging" of security conferences. These posts are in notes form and are written live during a talk. As such errors and emissions are expected. I'm only human after all!
What can be done when the challenge isnt 1122334455667788 ?
Does rainbowtablesonline support suc hashes ?
How much time will it take to generate a halflmchall rt for a custom challenge ??
Things become a little more tricky if the challenge isn’t 1122334455667788. The beauty of rainbow tables is that the hard processing work has already been done once for the challenge, so whenever you use the rainbow table the time is significantly reduced. If the challenge isn’t set to 1122334455667788 (as it should be if you use something like CAIN or Metasploit to effect the authentication) then there is little point in creating a rainbow table specifically for that challenge. It will take just as much time (possible a more with overhead on writing the tables to disk etc..) as performing a simple brute-force attack against it. I’d suggest inputting the hashes into CAIN (with the challenge) using the USERNAME:DOMAIN:1122334455667788:LMHASH:NTHASH format and letting it perform a brute-force attack. Unless you’ve got a stack of hashes using this new challenge then going the rainbow tables route isn’t realy going to bring you much benefit.
Hope that helped, and good luck with the cracking.
Thanks ChrisJohnRiley. Your answer was really helpful.
Thanks a lot 🙂